Reporting to the Records Manager, the job holder will be responsible for management of Bank Records from various departments and branches in the centralized Records Center. Ensure Availability, Organization, Safety and Disposal of records.
• Degree in related field preferably in Information Science or Records and Archives Management.
• Knowledge in Records and Archives Management or Information Management.
• 2 years’ experience in Records and Archives Management, Information Management or Data Management preferably in a financial institution.
• Knowledge of Records/Information Management in Financial services sector
• High degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Good performance track record
• Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and obtain results.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good working relations with colleagues
• High degree of confidentiality
• Analytical mind and keen to detail.
• Honest and good customer service skills
• Creative and Innovative
• Good team player
• Fast in decision making
• Highly organized, proactive and assertive
• Maintain suitable Records Management System.
• Ensure management of Records within the guidelines of Records and Archives Management Policies and Procedures.
• Uphold Records and Business confidentiality by ensuring controlled access and responsible sharing of records.
• Regularly conduct Departmental and Branch records surveys and staff records training.
• Regularly follow up, verify and facilitate transfer of records created at the branch and departments to the Records Center.
• Carry out classification, indexing and cataloguing of records.
• Regularly review and appraise records to ensure transfer and storage from one storage level to another.
• Regularly separate permanent and vital records from non-permanent records and ensure adequate storage of permanent records.
• Ensure management of Records in relation to the principle of provenance and original order.
• Facilitate scanning and meta-data capture of electronic-records.
• Ensure management of Archival records in line with continuum model principle.
• Develop and maintain appropriate document tracking and finding aid.
• Co-ordinate and carry out retrievals, circulation, scanning and re-file of requested documents.
• Ensure order and organization of records stored at the Records Center.
• Facilitate the destruction of non-permanent records in line with records Retention and Disposal policy guidelines.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, statutory and regulatory requirements in relation to Records and Archives Management.
• Monitor, on a continuous basis, all transactions to ensure that unusual and suspicious transactions are reported to the Money Laundering Reporting Office (MLRO).
• Implement and enforce the board approved AML, KYC & CFT policy in as far as is applicable within your area of responsibility.
• Carry out any other duty that may be assigned by the management from time to time.