This role is individually accountable for supporting the Group CEO UAP Old Mutual East Africa in ensuring that the operations of the business including central support units function optimally over periods of 1-2 years. The GCOO is responsible for the daily operation of the company, and routinely reports to the Group CEO.
Postgraduate or Masters degree in Commerce or Business ManagementPostgraduate or Masters degree in Commerce or Business Management
- · Designs and implements a pan-regional growth strategy on a multi-business, multi-product and multi-channel basis, including expansion of distribution capability and product range, and the building of a robust back office/support platform in the region.
- · Delivers a strong UAP Old Mutual presence and grows profit.
- · Develops and implements effective business practices across a diverse portfolio of multi-channel businesses, in different markets, cultures, languages and regulatory environments.
- · Provides strong business leadership to all business functions creating an ambitious corporate culture
- · Embeds risk and governance framework in business.
- · Implements a common Brand across all Kenya Businesses.
- · Develops and implements a policy framework for Enterprise Programmes and Governance across UAP Old Mutual Kenya Businesses.
- · Ensures effectiveness of financial reporting in the UAP Old Mutual Kenya businesses.
- · Ensures integration of business processes in line with the IFS strategy
- · Ensures clean audit, risk and compliance reports.
- · Manages the pipeline of talent in existing and new markets, including building succession plans across all functions of the business to ensure that the necessary depth of talent for channel leadership is available.