JOB LEVEL 4: JOB REF HR SMM-4-2020
Reports to: Sales & Marketing Manager
- Participate in development of Bureau’s Strategic Plan and ensure implementation at departmental level to achieve the Bureaus commercial objectives of revenue and profitability;
- Plan for and manage stakeholder strategic partnerships and engagements for revenue generation;
- Formulate and set departmental performance targets and supervise, coach and mentor departmental staff for optimal performance outputs; (iv) Recruit customers and manage customer relationship to raise revenue and improve company image and customer satisfaction;
- Identify, prioritize, schedule and manage the activities of the sales team to meet sales budget;
- Analyze the market data, trends and actual results against plan and use the data to co-ordinate, implement and evaluate business plans encompassing all aspects of commercial trading and develop long term and short-term plans for marketing and sales, and achieve agreed targets;
- Manage, supervise and co-ordinate sectional plans, sales operations and customer service and ensure they are in harmony to deliver the departmental plan; and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities or a relevant field.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a relevant field.
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant work experience with at least four (4) years at senior management/ leadership position.
- Higher National Diploma or Diploma in Marketing or a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Member of Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK) or Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and in good standing.
- Experience in the education sector or book production industry is an added advantage.
- Problem solving, analytical, leadership, decision making, integrity, good communication, organization and planning skills.
- A good team player maintains high work standards, reliable, easily adapts to new environments, pays attention to detail and self-motivated.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send applications clearly indicating the job title and reference number of the position, enclose a comprehensive CV stating your current position, photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Include your day and evening telephone numbers and your contact email address.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including; Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
HOW TO APPLY :For the full details for these positions, including qualifications and experience, please visit KLB Website on www.klb.co.ke and send your ON-LINE APPLICATION addressed to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Literature Bureau (KLB)
Bellevue Area Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 30022 – 00100 GPO
Literature Bureau is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applications should reach us on or before 17th March 2020